Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mahone Bay

It was finally a nice day so I decided to take off and go to Mahone Bay. How to get there? I figured I would go to Bear River then off the Clement'svale road is the road to Greendal and Victory. It joins the number 8 that goes to Lunenburg. I have not been that way so now was the time.
Here is the route.




So this is the road going into Bear River. Lansdown Rd. I thought it looked nice and smooth and inviting!

This is the river right from the bridge in Bear River. Finally a nice sunny day!! Bear River is a nice little spot with a general store, some coffee places and a antique/book store which is a neat place to rummage around. Lots of old stuff. He even has papers from 1865 when Lincoln was shot. Cool.

 This is the intersection that leads you to Victory and Greenland as you can see. I must have been leaning as it isn't straight! Ha... a note for next time.
 This is the road through Victory. Nice enough and you can actually make some time through here, but you still need to watch out for oncoming traffic as it's not very wide. Also folks in the backwoods never seem to think anyone else is on the road so you have to be carefull!!
 I stopped at this little cemetary. Well kept and cared for. Nice to see. A few vets graves in here as well.
                                                  A veteran of the first war. THANKYOU.
 No shortage of rocks around here. I wonder if they left two of them alone one night and...
 This just looked like some kind of alien landing site or something so I took this picture!! I wonder if they would be mad if you took some free boulders???
 The intersection where you come out to route 8 and onto the shore and towards Liverpool.
This old store has seen better days and looks like it has been closed for quite awhile, I love that old Pepsi sign though that would be a cool thing to hang on your garage!!
 You will see this sign when you turn onto Old Westfield Rd. I took that route as it is dirt instead of pavement. It was fine and not too badly potholed.
 A nice stream along Old Westfield Rd. I wonder if there are any fish in there waiting to be caught??
                                           Stream in the picnic area where I stopped.
 The table at the picnic area. Quite nice and not too many bugs!!
 Down here are the outhouses, which were clean not aromatic at all!!
 Last time it was open gas was 89.9 hmmm that was awhile ago!! This is located in Hemford. I guess things used to be busier a few years ago!!
 Downtown New Germany!! Do not blink or you will miss it!! Although you can get pizza and gas! What else do you need?!?!
 This was taken in FARMVILLE yes that place from Facebook. No sign to take a picture of though! There are only about 4 houses here so I guess population is around 8! Oh Farmville how you have fallen.
 Welcome to Mahone Bay!!
 Look who I found in Mahone Bay? He was there making the place look untidy. So we went for a quick ride out of Mahone Bay following Woodstock Rd. Whick looked promising until we got to this.
 Nope not gonna do it.
 This was taken along Barrs Corner Rd. Nice and straight and gently rolling hills.
 This is along Cherryfield Rd just off the number 10 highway. Looks nice enough for a dip!
 I didn't see Apu or Ned Flanders out polishing the trucks. Hmm not the same Springfield I guess.

All in all a great ride. Weather was nice and temps nice and warm. In total I went 333 Km's around Nova Scotia nad had some fun. Good times. Thanks for riding with me "Yellowknife" from ADV rider forums. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment